Cécile Dromard Berthezene
- Associate Professor, Paul Sabatier University / RESTORE – CNRS – EFS – ENVT – INSERM U1031, Toulouse, FRANCE, since 2021.
- Associate Professor at University of Toulouse, Université Paul Sabatier / STROMALab – ERL 5311 CNRS – EFS – ENVT – INSERM U1031, Toulouse, FRANCE, since 2010.
- Post doctoral fellow at CNRS – UMR 5241, Toulouse, FRANCE, from 2008 to 2010.
- Post doctoral fellow at SANOFI-AVENTIS, Central Nervous System Department, Toulouse, FRANCE, from 2006 to 2007.
- PhD student at INSERM U583, Institute of Neurosciences of Montpellier (INM), Montpellier, FRANCE, from 2002 to 2006.
- Master’s degree in Cell Biology and Physiology (1999) at Aix-Marseille II University, Marseille, France
Bachelor’s degree of Applied Biology (1998) at the Kingston University, ENGLAND.
How can the outcome of a tissue lesion be directed towards regeneration? All the research projects I have carried out from the beginning of my thesis to the present day have revolved around this question. I first studied neural stem cells and their behaviour following spinal cord and brain tissue injury. I have also developed a strong expertise in the plasticity of adipose tissue-derived stem/stromal cells (ASCs) and I am currently studying more specifically how the peripheral nervous system controls ASCs and tissue regeneration processes
-Master’s degree in Biology and Health : Stem cells and cell plasticity, Vascular physiology: differentiation, function, regulation and pathophysiology, Scientific animation
-Bachelor’s degree in Life Science : Animal physiology, L3, Techniques and fields of application of molecular biology
Publications / Brevets
•2018: Labit E, Rabiller L, Rampon C, Guissard C, André M, Barreau C, Cousin B, Carrière A, Eddine MA, Pipy B, Pénicaud L, Lorsignol A, Vriz S, Dromard C, Casteilla L. Opioids prevent regeneration in adult mammals through inhibition of ROS production. Scientific Reports 15;8(1):12170.
•2017: Carrière A, Jeanson Y, Côté JA, Dromard C, Galinier A, Menzel S, Barreau C, Dupuis-Coronas S, Arnaud E, Girousse A, Cuminetti V, Paupert J, Cousin B, Sengenes C, Koch-Nolte F, Tchernof A, Casteilla L. Identification of the ectoenzyme CD38 as a marker of committed preadipocytes. International Journal of Obesity 41(10) :1539-1546.
•2016: Barreau C., Labit E., Guissard C., Rouquette J., Boizeau ML., Gani Koumassi S., Carrière A., Jeanson Y., Berger-Müller S., Dromard C., Plouraboué F., Casteilla L., Lorsignol A. Regionalization of browning revealed by whole subcutaneous adipose tissue imaging. Obesity 24(5):1081-9.
•2015: Dromard C., Chabot V., Rico A., Langonné A., Gaillard J., Guilloton F., Casteilla L., Sensebé L. Urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor interaction with β1 integrin is required for platelet-derived growth factor-AB-induced human mesenchymal stem/stromal cell migration. Stem Cell Research and Therapy. 29(6):188.
•2014: Dromard C., Barreau C., André M., Berger-Müller S., Casteilla L., Planat-Benard V. Mouse adipose tissue stromal cells give rise to skeletal and cardiomyogenic cell sub-populations. Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology. 25(2):42.