In recent years, the study of metabolism has been at the heart of physiology and health issues. The applications are numerous and include the fundamental understanding of physiology and pathologies, the identification of new therapeutic targets and individualized post-therapeutic follow-up. The ability to understand metabolism is therefore a major challenge in the understanding of aging and in the fight against diseases such as cancer.
- two modules allowing the realization of isotopic tracing experiments (stable isotopes: 13C, 15N, etc) in vivo or in vitro
- the equipment necessary for the collection of samples and the extraction of metabolites
- a culture chamber under controlled oxygen pressure to understand the effect of oxygen partial pressure variations on metabolism
- a respirometry tray to measure oxygen consumption flows
Metabolome, lipidome and isotope labeling analyses are performed on the MetaToul platform, which has an instrumental park (mass spectrometry, NMR) and unique expertise in this field in France. The whole set-up and the associated expertise represent also a unique configuration in France for in-depth studies of metabolic dynamics at different scales (from the cell to the whole organism).
Métabolisme, adipocytes, métabolomique, fluxomique, traçage isotopique in vitro/in vivo, culture cellulaire en hypoxie, activité mitochondriale
The platform engineer evaluates the user's request and proposes the most suitable solution for his needs. He :
- provides advice in the development of experiments,
- trains the users,
- assists users in the analysis and interpretation of their results,
- assists users in the implementation of research and development projects, in the form of collaboration.